Blog Archive

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Indulge Yourself Daily

To me, "indulge" has always been synonymous with "lavish, extravagant spoiling", so you can imagine how surprised I was to find out it only means to yield to wishes or desires. Either way, think about how much of your day is spent with or doing things for other people. Even if you stay at home all day, the day is never really yours. There's always something to be done. Sometime between the busy moments, find time to do something for you (idea first introduced to me by my mother-in-law). It doesn't have to be huge; just something you picked for yourself to enjoy. For me, that's snuggling up with a large cup of milk and Oreos. Cole likes to play his video games; a close friend of mine likes to look at cloud formations from time to time. It may seem insignificant, but really when was the last time you did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment