Blog Archive

Friday, March 4, 2011

Sometimes All You Have to Do Is Ask

As I've mentioned before, I'm usually very passive. Suggestive at times, but most often, I'll just watch to see what happens. On the weekends, my wonderful, handsome husband has a habit of taking his time to do the household chores. Trash will start to pile up on top of the trashcan, dishes will slowly clutter the counters (he doesn't put them in the sink for some reason), and clothes will overflow from the washing machine (it serves as our hamper for the time being). Instead of dealing with it then and there, dear Cole has a habit of wedging one more bottle into the garbage Jenga. He'll "use the same cup later" and leave his dirty clothes on the floor because there's no more room in the washer. I used to get SO mad about it too, but I've learned that if he's asked to do something about it, he will (and most times without sassing me first). Sure, some things he should just do naturally, but I'd rather just ask and maintain my sanity than sit around until he finally gets bothered by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment