Blog Archive

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Raised Differently, Think Differently

I've touched on this before, but I'm going to further elaborate on this idea. Cole and I grew up on two different spectrums so we tend to see and do things differently. When we first moved in together, I was surprised to see him throw colors and whites in the laundry together because I'd always washed my loads separately. He was grossed out that I used washcloths and towels a couple times before washing them. I was confused that he referred to the remote control as a "clicker" and a car's directional as a "blinker." The first few weeks were a small scale culture shock, but it was interesting and sometimes fun trying to get on the same page. Almost seven months later, we're finally adjusted (all to his way of doing things, coincidentally).

1 comment:

  1. Oh man we had such an issue with the towel thing! You're clean when you dry off with it, so to me you can use it multiple times! Mike wants a new towel every day, I thought he was the only one like that! Haha =)

    ReplyDelete