Blog Archive

Friday, April 1, 2011

If They Love You, You'll Know

Cher (and the people that sang it before her) said that "it's in his kiss," and it very well may be, but I say his behavior is the best indicator. Today, my fantastic, but stiff husband finally acquiesced (I've been dying to use that word; it means to give in) to my desires and went with me to Zumba class! For those that don't know, it's Latin-Spanish dance moves and aerobics done to fast-paced reggaeton, hip-hop, pop, or traditional Spanish music. Why is this amazing?


1. You know that guy that just does what he wants on the dance floor? That's my husband. Cole's only about freestyle dancing. He moves to the beat of his own drum and isn't the best at following steps.
2. His type of music is along the lines of 70's hippy music, 80's hair bands, 90's rock, and alternative rock. For example, the bands he tends to listen to are Led Zeppelin, Poison, The Who, Rush, Creed, Three Doors Down, Hootie & the Blowfish, etc.
3. He was the only guy in this particular class and he still stayed.


I'd been asking him to go for weeks and finally convinced him (after saying he didn't have to watch Casablanca and Precious with me and that I'd make him a cheesecake). Long story short, he held up his end of the deal and I'm proud of him. He'll most likely never go again, but for him to put up with something entirely out of his element for me means a lot. I know I've said it before, but I know he loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment